Montalcino - Siena - Locality Sant'Angelo in Colle. Hilly lands enjoying a favorable southern position..
- Year: 2018
- MAtching: Sea food, delicately cooked fish in light sauces.
how to serve
- Serving Temperature 10/12°C
- Type:White wine
- Vinification:Grapes are chilled at 10°-12° C in a conditioned cellar. Soft pressing was followed by an overnight decanting of the juice to allow settlement of the rough impurities. Fermentation took place for 15 days at temperatures between 20°C and 22°C in French oak barriques. After the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is kept on the yeasts and frequently stirred up (bâtonnage) until the following spring. Malolactic fermentation was partially done: only half of the barriques went through it.
- Aging:6 months in bottle.
- Alcohol:13,5% vol
- Color:Straw yellow.
- Perfume:The use of not only new barriques enhances the varietal character. The gentle vanilla spices from the oak are integrated with great harmony, giving further complexity without being too forward.
- Flavour:The first strong impression is given by the typical and pleasant varietal fruit. The taste is full, soft and complex with a well balanced crisp acidity.
- Matching:Sea food, delicately cooked fish in light sauces.
- Serving Temperature:10/12°C